Governance Framework and Prioritization Model for a Tier 1 Investment Bank
A Global Investment bank required a solution for managing technology change demand for their strategic Know Your Customer (KYC)/ Know Your Business (KYB) system.
The client’s objective was to apply control and rigor to manage their change agenda, where demand already exceeded available supply, in a highly regulated business operation.
Axis Corporate’s Business optimization consulting team was engaged to design a Governance and Prioritization model to inform decision making.
- Lack of a common process/ method to manage demand and inform decision making – informal conversation providing conflicting approach
- Prioritization decisions made by Change the Bank (CTB) function (Technology) rather than Run the Bank (RTB) business (Operations).
- The business had a lack of understanding of the technology release capacity and timeline to support delivery of requirements.
- Non-standardized approach to capturing change requirement and poor quality of change articulation
HOW WE HELPED
- Design of change management process and governance framework including supporting artefacts, inc. Terms of Reference, RACI, KOP’s and prioritisation scoring matrix.
- Roadmap of current and future known change demand broken down across technology releases with indicative prioritization rating highlighting delivery deadline and risk/ exposure if this was not met.
- Development of a workflow management tool creating a central system for the capture and tracking of change requirements through the process
- Implementation of new process in partnership with BAU owners
- Facilitation and mentoring for governance meetings to ensure desired outcomes achieved. Interactive sessions to review technology roadmap and indicative demand plans as well as 1-to-1 meetings with key decision makers ensured that the new governance construct ran effective from the start.
Axis Corporate helped the client to create a consistent process for managing change demand including a more efficient and clearly defined approval process. This helped the client gain a better understanding of it’s priority change agenda and agree a set of outcomes in line with the overall business strategy.