The client is an energy logistics provider using pipelines and road transport to provide fuel products to multiple commercial and military sites across the UK.
- Poorly defined and reactively focused KPIs were impacting senior leaders’ ability to steer organisation.
- Lengthy and labour consuming data collation and reporting processes across – Project management, Commercial, Finance, HR & Operational.
- Limited use of visualisation and self-service reporting tools to aid understanding.
How we helped
Working collaboratively with the client, the Axis Team:
- Conducted a review and analysis of the current KPIs.
- Developed a KPI definition process to iterate across Management levels and company functional areas.
- Reviewed all data sources, including operational and financial reporting systems.
- Created new data sourcing strategies, minimising human intervention and data touchpoints.
- Designed and delivered bespoke dashboards in Microsoft Power BI for 7 key areas, including senior leadership team.
- Created customised data ingestion mechanisms, making use of automation processes to ensure data remains current.
- KPI’s revised to improve focus on leading indicators within high value areas, allowing decision makers to access and explore to their own data in a visual manner
- 85 page monthly senior leadership team reporting pack consolidated into to 7 interactive dashboards, using improved data
- 5-10 days capacity released from the reporting team, enabling focus on analysis and planning instead of processes. 5 upskilled on Power BI