Mortgage Engine is a fintech start-up looking to revolutionise the customer mortgage journey through use of APIs – creating an open marketplace connecting distributors, aggregators, and lenders.
Mortgage Engine sought to build closer relationships with their developer community by creating a developer portal enabling direct interaction with the company’s API, and access to their own subject matter experts.
How we helped
- We worked closely with the Head of Product to define the requirements for an MVP launch of the portal – outlining the required information for effective use of their API
- We created content, flow diagrams, and use cases for each of the relevant end-points for us both on the portal, and internally
- We identified and documented the key risk areas when sharing information with external parties before executing commercial agreements
- Utilising this, we were able to create a demo version of the portal that could be shared with prospective partners
- Ready to publish developer portal that reflects the company’s ‘go-live’ product, enabling external partners to engage from an early phase and understand the benefits of the API services provided
Elimination of non-value add activity for development team – with brokers able to directly access required information throught the platform
Increased transparency for internal stakeholders – with the ability to clearly visualise the interactions between services