Webinar – The Collaborative Power of Fintech & Banking
Digital disruption is now surging ahead and bringing in new business models, new technology, new players in the market and a renewed focus on consumer experience.
The entire banking industry ecosystem is being disrupted by new entrants, and nurtured by regulator invention (i.e. the FCA Sandbox and Project Innovation). Engaging the customer through the most relevant and convenient channels alongside leveraging key data points has become crucial to maximising customer value is this new age.
The recent CMA Banking Open Banking API has the potential to revolutionise this competition further: making data more open will force banks to work harder for their customers and will lead to new challenges.
Will the winners be those who think and act differently to drive real innovation in how they meet their customers’ need? Will banks find or create newer and more innovative revenue streams?
During the Webinar a panel discussion will focus on questions which stand to change the way we bank.
Date: February 1, 2017
Time: 1 pm – 2 pm GMT
Q1: How is the UK and the EU regulation impacting on the financial industry restructuring process?
Q2: To what extent are financial services institutions implementing customer-centric business models in terms of product portfolio, pricing, channels, processes, systems, organisational structure and culture?
Q3: What collaborative models (e.g.: acquisitions, partnerships, etc.) will banks and fintechs develop to make the best of their strengths and minimize their weaknesses?
Q4: What are key hurdles and risks that banks and fintechs will find in their transformation journey?
- Daniel Meere, Managing Director, Axis Corporate UK
- Matthew Field, Policy Advisor, Digital at British Bankers’ Association (BBA)
- Luis Perez Urena, CEO and Founder of Finn Ventures (ex Global Head of Commercial Management at Banco Santander)
- Pierre-Jean Hanard – MIT Sloan Fellows Program in Innovation and Global Leadership and co-founder of SHAREPA, a WealthTech social investment platform.
- Nadav Yur, Head of Business Development, eToro
- Lubomir Olach, Head of International Development and Member Relations at Efma
- Deniz Guven, Senior Vice President for Digital & Mentor at Garanti Partners, Garanti Bank Turkey
The webinar follows the FinTech & Banking Report 2016 by Axis Corporate and EFMA which explored the increasing prominence of FinTech firms and need for banks to adapt to a changing industry ecosystem.
Regulatory Portfolio Optimisation for a Global Bank
The Capability and Innovation fund will change the SME Banking market. Is your Bank ready?
The cost of consumer loyalty – Are consumers in the cash saving market being penalised?
How banks charge for overdrafts is set to change following FCA action
Financial services through the looking glass
Axis Corporate joins UnaVista’s Partner Programme